Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Poem that appealed the most to me

The poem that appealed the most to me is "Invictus" by William Ernest Henry. I liked this poem the most because of the fact that it had to do with very serious terms. I also like poems like "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe that are dark poems. I like these because they catch your breath for a moment when the suspense kicks in. Also you never lose interest because you think that it is so cool because of the different elements of mystery, suspense, and surprise.

I could use this poem as a model for my own poetry because to me it is perfectly written. As I stated before, you  don't lose interest. The rhyming is perfect as well. I usually cannot make a poem rhyme that well because I am only sighting the most literal rhyme. I cannot be as creative with my poems as William Ernest Henry did.

As I said before, I would like to incorporate several different aspects of this masterpiece into my poetry as well. Some, (as stated earlier) are: rhyming creativity, smoothness, easy transitions, and seriousness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment